Drive provides guitar players with classic amp tones!
True to life overdrive
with greatly reduced compression artifacts, this unit has it all, clarity,
great guitar volume knob control, solid punchy articulate bass, gain range
from a little juice to fat harmonic overdrive. Give your guitar playing
a vintage voice with this stellar performer!
The Direct Drive
- Internal bass control- The Direct Drive can dial in a stronger
deeper bass response to perfectly match amplifiers.
- Adjustable presence circuit- The internal presence circuit allows the Direct Drive excellent
clarity while limiting fizzy artifacts.
- True bypass switching with led indicator- this is achieved by using an high grade switch, in addendum Solid 20 gauge copper hookup wire is used between the jacks and switching to create an exceptional bypass.
- Full size pots- for durability and easy serviceability if needed.
- Hand made-we make the Direct Drive one at a time and each one is initialed
and dated by the craftsman.
- Volume knob response circuitry-more shades and textures
at your fingertips just by adjusting your volume knob.
- Cast aluminum enclosure-our incredibly durable enclosure will last a lifetime.
- Double sided pc board with plate through holes-This is
an extremely durable PCB with added serviceability from the top of the board.
- Low compression artifacts!-By carefully tuning the Direct Drive compression
has been reduced to the most amp like response to date!!
- Three knob control for tonal versatility-The Direct drive uses a simple
three knob control layout with a push/pull tone knob for a second Fat Harmonics
voice. With the Tone control pushed in the Direct Drive brings the classic tones of the past to veteran players
then simply pull the tone knob for modern fat harmonic tones...KILLER!
High quality components- Players have requested the use of carbon resistors, metalized polyester caps Elna silk particulate audio caps. These components were thought to be only available on the highest priced pedals. Players asked, and we deliver...no problem, no exaggerated "boutique builder" pricing.
- Ready for 18 volt operation-The Direct Drive operates from 9 volts to
18 volts, this allows use of higher voltage converters and supplies, for
players who want to try higher voltage tweaks.
- Barber adjustable phono style recovery stage- Most of our op-amp based overdrive pedals use a cool old style phonograph circuit to recover the frequencies lost in the overdrive stage, this worked great for vinyl and now works great for guitar overdrive!
The Direct Drive brings clarity to the Barber Line while
delivering startlingly accurate tube style overdrive, bass notes have separation
like never before, chords ring with supreme clarity, and sweet vintage voices sing
from your guitar...this is the tone to die for.
ONLY $129.95 check your dealers for final stock, this awesome version is finally comining to an end.Out of production.
Includes dc jack . (ac power adaptor
current draw 12ma
Barker's review of the Direct Drive
features, including adjustable active bass and presence control!
Hand Made in the USA