Barber Electronics is proud to introduce a powerful update
to our now legendary Tone Pump!. The Tone Pump has a new tone control design
that allows for an even clearer and more dynamic sound. The "EQ"
update adds controls for presence and midrange... With the well thought out
new "EQ", you can sculpt a vast "tonescape",
from flat mids to extra articulated silky highs and a new deeper clearer bass
and all points between. The "pump" control for the red channel is
now push/pull to go between asymmetric and symmetrical clipping. All this
adds up to an exciting new Tone Pump that veteran and new users alike will
pump EQ (Archive)
- Precision matched components-using proprietary specifications to ensure
symmetrical clipping and reduced intermodulation distortion. This allows
complex chords to be heard with total definition and clarity at any level
- True bypass switching with led indicator- this is achieved by using an high grade switch, in addendum Solid 20 gauge copper hookup wire is used between the jacks and switching to create a transparent bypass.
- Two levels of overdrive- for distorted rhythm and a second mode for sustaining
and thickening lead work. This effectively gives you three channels from
your clean amp.
- Full size pots- for durability and for easy serviceability if needed.
- Hand made-we make the Tone Pump EQ one at a time and each one is signed
and dated by the craftsman.
- Tonal balanced-The most important thing about the Tone Pump EQ
is, your tonal balance of your guitar and amp are maintained. There
is no funny midrange hump or loss of bottom end to SPOIL the sound of your
guitar and amp that you have so carefully chosen.
- New EQ controls- This great new set of features allows the user to use
the new "deep clear" external bass control to properly match the
bass response of the Tone Pump EQ to their guitar and amp, this eliminates
any low end loss. With the addition of the new presence and midrange controls
virtually any tonal response can be achieved, including mids that are reduced,
flat or forward, you make the call!...a tweakers dream.
- Volume knob response circuitry-numerous shades and textures at your fingertips
just by adjusting your volume knob.
- Cast aluminum enclosure-our incredibly durable enclosure will last decades
if not centuries!
- Double sided pc board with plate through holes-This is the way the military
does it when they want electronics to work FOREVER! all pedals should be
made this way , few are.
- Unique pivot style 9 volt battery clip- Our Battery clip uses an eccentric
pivot to swivel the battery clip in and out of the unit for durable long
- High quality components- Players have requested the use of carbon resistors, metalized polyester caps. These components were thought to be only available on the highest priced pedals. Players asked, and we deliver...no problem, no exaggerated "boutique builder" pricing.
- Barber adjustable phono style recovery stage- Most of our op-amp based overdrive pedals use a cool old style phonograph circuit to recover the frequencies lost in the overdrive stage, this worked great for vinyl and now works great for guitar overdrive!
The Tone Pump EQ has a beautiful transparent
presentation which allows it to take on the characteristics of your guitar
and amp without changing their tonal balance. The Tone Pump's gain structure
allows for plenty of flexibility by using two foot switches and separate volume
and sustain (pump) controls for each channel. The new push/pull symmetry adds
yet another dimension to the Tone Pump's legacy. Classic sounds for the tone
Includes dc jack . (ac power adaptor not included)
current draw 12ma
Tone Pump EQ manual